Massachusetts Man Not Suing Banana Boat After Sunscreen Catches Fire

banana boat lotion

Warning: May Cause Spontaneous Combustion

Yahoo.com:

A Massachusetts man said he suffered second-degree burns from a grill after applying sunscreen aerosol spray on parts of his body.

Brett Sigworth said he applied Banana Boat sunscreen to his body before walking over to his grill, not knowing it would still be flammable after it was on his skin.

“I went into complete panic mode and screamed,” Sigworth said. “I’ve never experienced pain like that in my life.”

The result was second-degree burns to his chest, ear and back, the only areas where he applied the sunscreen. Ten days after the incident, Sigworth is still showing the effects of the incident…

“I think if people were told this is flammable for two minutes on your skin, people wouldn’t use it,” Sigworth said.

He doesn’t plan to sue, but it sharing his story and photos with others to make sure no one else ends up in the hospital after applying sunscreen.

A.B. He doesn’t plan to sue? How do you walk away from your golden ticket like this? People sue over hot cups of coffee and their kids not making the varsity baseball team. This guy catches fire after using sun tan lotion, gets second degree burns and just wants people to learn? Learn what? How to slap God in the face for delivering the opportunity to live a worry free & financially flush life?

Sad day to be a fellow Masshole indeed.

  • Digg
  • Tumblr
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Delicious
  • Reddit
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Posterous
  • E-Mail

About the author

Shred Kennedy lives in South Boston and enjoys candlelight dinners and long walks on the beach.

Leave a Comment